Grand Garden Show Featuring Proven Winners®
Arrive: Sunday, August 26, 2018
Depart: Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Package Price:Standard: $1,475 per couple, $1,325 single Lakeview: $1,889 per couple, $1,739 single
Announcing the 6th Annual Grand Garden Show presented by Proven Winners, the world’s #1 plant brand. Join us for this special gardening weekend located at the world’s largest summer resort providing a spectacular and memorable setting.
Celebrate the beauty of flowers while you surround yourself with the rich history of Mackinac Island and Grand Hotel. This will be a multi-day event with hands-on demonstrations and presentations from some of the nation’s foremost garden design experts.
Announcing 2018 guest speaker, Amy Stewart. Amy Stewart is the New York Times bestselling author of nine books, including Girl Waits with Gun and The Drunken Botanist. Catch-up with Amy on NPR’s Morning Edition and Fresh Air.
Other guest speakers include:
- Lisa Waud – founder and owner of Pot & Box, a floral design and horticultural studio located in Detroit. Pot & Box has been in business for 11 years and has become Detroit’s well-known and sought-after studio for fresh event flowers and container gardening services.
- Zeke Cooper – National Award Winning Landscape Architect from Cooper|Stewart Landscape Architecture in Cherokee, North Carolina. Over the course of his career, Zeke has been fortunate to provide services for numerous botanical gardens, public/government projects and high-end resorts.
- Deborah Trickett – owner of The Captured Garden. A certified horticulturist and Massachusetts Certified Landscape Professional, Deborah is an award-winning container garden design who has worked in the gardening industry for over 30 years. Don’t miss Deborah’s presentation, “Jaw-Dropping, Traffic-Stopping, Get-Your-Neighbors Talking Container Design.”
- Kerry Ann Mendez – award-winning garden designer, author and lecturer and owner of Perennially Yours. Kerry Ann Mendez focuses on time-saving gardening techniques, workhorse plants and sustainable practices.
Representatives from Proven Winners are always available to answer questions. Stay tuned for additional 2018 guest speaker information.
2017 special guests included presenting guest speaker P.Allen Smith, an award-winning food, lifestyle and garden expert and host of two public television programs, and a regular contributor on the NBC’s The Today Show. Laura LeBoutillier, from Garden Answer, the most popular YouTube how-to gardening vlog. See her video from 2016 here >>.
This package includes a full breakfast and dinner daily, evening receptions, garden tours and seminars- including private garden home tours around Mackinac Island. View photos from past events and video from the inaugural year.
To request a FREE Gardener’s Idea book from Proven Winners, please click here.
Stay additional nights Friday, August 24, Saturday, August 25, Tuesday, August 28, and/or Wednesday, August 29 for $239* per room, per night
Make your reservation online or call 1-800-33GRAND
- Full breakfast and dinner daily
- Sunday and Monday evening receptions
- Monday and Tuesday morning seminars
- Monday and Tuesday afternoon exclusive tours of private Mackinac Island gardens
- Free admission to the Richard and Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum
- Special discount on ferry boat tickets
- No tipping within Grand Hotel
*Worth 5 Master Gardener Educational Credit Hours
Subject to 2% Mackinac Island assessment, Michigan 6% sales tax and a $8.50 per person baggage handling charge. *Dates subject to availability. Additional adult and child rates apply.