2021 Grand Hotel Annual Spring Needle Art Seminar
Arrive Sunday, May 9 • Depart Friday, May 14, 2021
- Rates starting at $509.00 per couple; $434.00 single
- $658.00 triple, $807.00 quad
- $290.00 per additional adult, per night
- For complete rate details please download the registration brochure below.
Grand Hotel is delighted to once again host its Spring Needle Art Seminar featuring textile artists from across the United States to bring you the latest and most innovative techniques of your favorite textile craft from quilting to appliqué and embroidery. You will find inspiration from four talented artists who will demonstrate various creations using techniques with fabric and wool to creating pillows to pot holders to quilts, piecing techniques in quilting as well as the opportunity to make a lovely Grand Hotel souvenir keepsake! The lectures and classes will be taught by these needle art enthusiast favorites – Maggie Bonanomi, Laura Heine, Karolyn Minerd, and Lynn Schmitt. Learn a brand new technique or improve your skills in an area of needle art you love. We look forward to you attending this creative and fun Needle Art Seminar at Grand Hotel!
Meet the Instructors
Maggie Bonanomi of The Purple Turnip
A quilter who works with inspiration from the mid to 19th century, Maggie has developed many privative quilting designs and passed her knowledge along in one of her nine books, Pure and Simple. Maggie now owns The Purple Turnip a shop on Main Street in Lexington, MO. Follow Maggie on Instagram and Facebook.
Laura Heine of Fiberworks
Laura is an award winning quilter, published author of Color Fusion, and has developed many quilting patterns. Laura also has a line of quilting fabrics she has designed and has also worked with YLI, teaching classes while being one of their showcased quilters. Follow Laura on Instagram and Facebook.
Karolyn Minerd of Nubin Quilts
Karolyn began quilting in 2005 and now is the owner of Nubin Quilts. She teaches many classes using a wide range of techniques. Karolyn is a regular at truck shows where she displays all of her unique designs. Follow Karolyn on Instagram and Facebook.
Lynn Schmitt of A Different Box of Crayons
Lynn is the proud owner of A Different Box of Crayons of Glen Ellyn, IL. Lynn has been creating designs and quilting for 13 years. She now teaches classes and continues to develop designs, while being featured in multiple publications and writing her own book, The Art of Mixing Textiles in Quilts. Follow Lynn on Instagram and Facebook.
View the 2021 Needle Arts Online Brochure.
How do I register for classes?
Registration is a two step process:
- Submit your class registration form to Carmen Hartwig with payment.
Registration will be accepted BY PHONE, US MAIL, EMAIL, or IN PERSON.
- All documents are time stamped and processed in the order they are received. You will also receive an email confirmation of classes (sometime in February).
- Return your hotel reservation form to Grand Hotel before FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2021 via EMAIL, FAX, or US MAIL.
- You will receive a hotel reservation form via email from Grand Hotel for overnight accommodations that must be submitted directly to Grand Hotel via email, fax or US mail. All class attendees are required to stay at Grand Hotel. Your class reservation will not be held if you do not stay at the hotel.
Please submit registration to:
- Carmen Hartwig
- 232 East Cayuga Street, Bellaire, MI 49615
- [email protected]
- 231-357-699 or 231-533-4661
Your class reservation will not be held if you do not stay at Grand Hotel. Wait lists will be created as classes fill.
Payment: Payment in full for all classes plus a $25 non-refundable registration fee will be required at the time of registration. You may pay using check or credit card; checks should be made payable to Grand Hotel and credit cards will be processed by Grand Hotel. Wait listed persons will not be billed until you are enrolled into a class.
Class Cancellation Policy: You must cancel on or before Friday, March 5, 2021 to receive a full class refund less the $25 registration fee. After this date you will only receive a refund if we are able to fill your spot from the waiting list. You cannot sell your spot to someone else if we have persons on a wait list.
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- Sunday and Tuesday evening reception
- Complimentary admission to the Richard and Jane Manoogian Art Museum
- Special discount on ferry tickets
- No tipping within Grand Hotel