Labor Day Jazz Weekend
Arrive: Friday, August 31, 2018
Depart: Monday, September 3, 2018
$2,225 per couple
$599 per additional adult
Experience Grand Hotel during the finest musical weekends of the year. Escape to America’s Summer Place for the Labor Day Weekend and immerse yourself in the melody of beautiful Jazz music played by some of the country’s top performers. Every year presents a new performer line-up so stay tuned for 2018 performer announcements! Past headliners include John Pizarelli Jr., Jason Marsalis, Wynton Marsalis, Dianne Reeves, Michael Feinstein, Joey Alexander, Bob James, the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Arturo Sandoval, and New York Voices.
For your listening pleasure, you’re invited to enjoy the mastery of top jazz virtuosos during daytime concerts in the Tea Garden and evening performances in the Theatre. The package includes evening cocktail receptions, cookout luncheon in the Tea Garden Saturday and Sunday afternoons, full breakfast and five-course dinner daily, and all entertainment. You will also enjoy a Sunday morning gospel performance on the Front Porch. Saturday and Sunday mornings you will have the unique opportunity to interact with the artists during Q&A sessions hosted by Paul Anthony. All weekend long you will be able to sit back and relax with late night performances at the Cupola Bar and The Jockey Club at the Grand Stand.
You are encouraged to make your reservation early so you don’t miss out on what is promised to be an enjoyable weekend! Stay tuned for more information! Coming soon for 2018!
Have you been to a past Labor Day Jazz Weekend? Listen to Q&A podcasts of past performers by Paul Anthony below!
Weekend sponsored by:
Stay a fourth night FREE: add a fifth night for $239* per room. Extra dates available include August 29, 30, and September 3, 4.
Make your reservation online or call 1-800-334-7263 for availability.
- Accommodations (fourth night free)
- Full breakfast and five-course dinner daily
- Friday evening Welcome Reception
- Friday evening Theatre performance
- Friday evening late night performances
- Saturday morning Q&A session hosted by Paul Anthony
- Saturday afternoon Tea Garden performance
- Saturday evening cocktail reception
- Saturday evening Theatre performance
- Saturday evening late night performances
- Sunday morning gospel performance
- Sunday morning Q&A session hosted by Paul Anthony
- Sunday afternoon Tea Garden performance
- Sunday evening late night performances
- All entertainment – including late night performances
- Cookout luncheon in Tea Garden Saturday and Sunday afternoons
- Free admission to the Richard and Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum
- Special discount on ferry boat tickets
- No tipping within Grand Hotel
Subject to Michigan 6% sales tax, 2% Mackinac Island assessment and a $8.50 per person baggage handling charge. Regular additional adult and children’s rates apply. *Dates subject to availability.