For six years Grand Hotel has partnered with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan to help guests find balance in everything good for the mind and body through Live Healthy. Live Grand. We want to help you live the Grand Life while at Grand Hotel and on Mackinac Island but also when you walk away from your vacation or business trip. You will find healthy dining options on all of our menus and to help our guests make living the Grand Life a habit after leaving the island, we have created a Live Healthy Live Grand Planner. It includes delicious and healthy recipes created by Chef Hans; fun and relaxing stress management and mindful suggestions; a daily food log; and interesting facts about Grand Hotel and Mackinac Island. Live Healthy Live Grand Planners are available in all guest rooms or by request at the Concierge desk in the Parlor. Please take yours home when you leave!
What better way to start healthy habits than to make good habits when you are young. There are so many fun activities at Grand Hotel and around Mackinac that we want to help our youngest guests get out and explore. If you have a child 11 years or younger visiting this season make sure to pick up the activity card at check-in from the reservations staff.
Complete FIVE of the following activities on the card and you will receive a complimentary scoop of Hudsonville Grand Hotel Summer Celebration ice cream from Sadie’s Ice Cream Parlor!
1) Swim in the Esther Williams Swimming Pool – the heated pool is perfect for cooling off and enjoying a nice afternoon. Make sure to get a snow cone while you are there.
2) Take a bike ride and explore Mackinac Island. With over 70 miles of paved and unpaved trails you will find new things around every corner. The perimeter of the island is 8.2 miles and takes approximately 1 – 1.5 hours to complete. Rent bikes from Grand Hotel at the tennis hut.
3) Enjoy a family game of Croquet or Bocce ball on the Grand Hotel Tea Garden.
4) Visit a historic site on Mackinac Island. Did you know that Mackinac Island State Park covers over 80% of Mackinac Island? Checkout a variety of historic sites, including Fort Mackinac, Arch Rock, Skull Cave, British Landing, and many others. Hop on a bike and you can check off 2 activities!
6) Play FootGolf on the Grand Nine of the Jewel. FootGolf is the combination of soccer and golf available every day around 3:00 p.m.
GET SOCIAL with Grand Hotel!
Post your pictures and use #LiveHealthyLiveGrand and show us how you are experiencing the Grand Life this summer!