Grand Hotel cherishes its Michigan roots and unmistakable Michigander qualities. Its Midwestern values of family, authenticity, and tradition provide a timeless identity for anyone “getting to know” the hotel. As a family owned summer resort in Michigan, Grand Hotel embraces selling goods #madeinmichigan.
Some of our favorite made in Michigan products are featured below!
- For the past three years, Klassics by Kurtis ornaments have been featured in Grand Hotel shops and online store. Curtis Posuniak is a Michigan native who hand-makes each of his beautiful ornaments. The ornaments are designed in Michigan, and produced in Poland. See Grand Hotel’s favorites pictured below. Find Klassics by Kurtis sold in the Mackinac Market.
- Further embracing the timeless charm of life’s simpler pleasures, Grand Hotel is featuring Shinola products in the Mackinac Market, and Grand Hotel & Co., Fine Jewelry. Shinola creates bicycles, watches, and leather goods in Detroit, MI, the city with trademark importance both in the past and in the future.
- Oil Paintings by Marlee features beautiful Mackinac inspired works by Mrs. Marlee Brown. Pops of color will catch your eye in every corner and warm your heart with the charming feelings that Mackinac inspires.
- Fairview Farms Apiary, based in Fairview, MI, has a number one priority to keep the health and wellbeing of the family, and environmental friendliness a part of everyday business. Their honey is “Naturally Produced” using organic practices, non-filtered, non-pasteurized and no antibiotics or no other chemical treatments are used to manage honeybee health. Their honey can be found in Carleton’s Tea Store.
- Mackinac Bluffs Maple Farms, currently placed as one of the largest sugar bushes in the Midwest, has the desire to work with select Michigan retailers and other large scale syrup consumers to provide a single source, premium quality, Michigan Made product to Michigan consumers. Find their maple syrup sold in Carleton’s Tea Store.
- Great Lakes Potato Chips from Traverse City specializes in kettle chips made with good, old-fashioned Midwestern work ethic. These Michigan potatoes and spices are peeled and crisped to perfection in small batches. Find these delicious chips sold in Carleton’s Tea Store.
- Prints by Nancy May Island photographer sold in Mackinac Market.
- Enamel Pendants by Gems of the Great Lakes by Burdett Milkins from Grand Rapids sold in Grand Hotel and Co., Fine Jewelry.
- Sterling Silver crosses by Frank Bloswick who is from the island are sold in Grand Hotel and Co., Fine Jewelry.
- Custom Geranium Scented Lotions, Soaps, and Room Spray by Handmade on Mackinac can be found in the Mackinac Market.
- Pewabic Pottery Custom Tile located in Detroit, MI is “Many Things. To Many People.” Like Grand Hotel the pottery is a registered National Historic Landmark. Their custom Michigan made tiles are one of a kind, each handmade and sold in Mackinac Market.
Be sure to stop by any of the Grand Hotel shops to find our favorite #madeinmichigan products or visit our online store where we have a few select items available!