Dates for this package have ended. Please browse our other 2014 packages.
Package Price:Standard Room;
$875 per couple, $775 single
$1,159 per couple, $1,059 single
Stay additional nights Thursday, September 18, and/or Sunday, September 21 for $175* per room, per night.
You’re invited to join us for Grand Hotel’s sixth annual History Weekend. During your stay, Bob Tagatz, Grand Hotel’s historian and concierge, will take you on a fascinating journey through the history of Mackinac Island and Grand Hotel. Mr. Tagatz, most recently named Historic Hotels of America 2014 Historian of the Year, is a natural story teller who will intrigue you with information about the hotel’s history and how the island and the hotel came to be what they are today. Enjoy information about hotel’s celebrity guests, milestones and the story behind the wood structure built in 1887.
On Saturday, learn about Vintage Baseball, a game played on Mackinac Island since the late 1800’s when Grand Hotel was first built. The game is a reenactment of baseball life similar to the American Civil War reenactment. After a special presentation, enjoy special games in Woodfill Park where players use rules and uniforms from the late 1800’s.
Fall is a great time of year to experience the island and Grand Hotel. Enjoy the solitude of the island as the tourism season has ended. We hope to see you for this special event.
- Full breakfast and five-course dinner daily
- Friday evening Welcome Reception
- Saturday morning Grand Hotel History Lecture by Grand Hotel Historian
- Saturday Vintage Baseball special presentation followed by games in Woodfill Park
- Saturday Grand Luncheon Buffet
- Saturday evening reception
- Free admission to Fort Mackinac
- Free admission to the Richard and Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum
- Special discount on ferry boat tickets
- No tipping within Grand Hotel
Subject to Michigan 6% sales tax, 2% Mackinac Island assessment and a $8.00 per person baggage handling charge. *Dates subject to availability. Additional adult and children’s rates apply.