Labor Day Jazz Weekend
Arrive: Friday, September 2, 2016
Depart: Monday, September 5, 2016
Depart: Monday, September 5, 2016
Package Price:$2,049 per couple, $1,759 single
$599 per additional adult
Experience Grand Hotel during one of its finest musical weekends of the year. Escape to America’s Summer Place for this holiday weekend and immerse yourself in the melody of beautiful Jazz music played by some of the country’s top performers.
For your listening pleasure, you’re invited to enjoy the mastery of top jazz virtuoso’s during daytime concerts in the Tea Garden and evening performances in the Theatre. Package includes evening cocktail receptions, cookout luncheon in the Tea Garden Saturday and Sunday afternoons, full breakfast and five-course dinner daily, and all entertainment.
ANNOUNCING Michael Feinstein as the 2016 Opening Performer!
Michael Feinstein has built a dazzling career over the last three decades bringing the music of the Great American songbook to the world. A captivating performer, composer and arranger of his own original music, Feinstein’s recordings have earned him five Grammy nominations, as well as an Emmy nomination for his PBS-TV specials. The recipient of three honorary doctorates, Feinstein has appeared at such iconic venues as the White House, Buckingham Palace, Hollywood Bowl, Carnegie Hall, and the Sydney Opera House. He also has become an unparalleled interpreter of music legends such as Irving Berlin, Jerome Kern, Johnny Mercer, and Duke Ellington. As well, he has designed a piano for Steinway called “The First Ladies,” inspired by the White House piano and signed by several former First Ladies. It was first played to commemorate the Ronald Regan centennial on February 6, 2011. We are honored to have Michael Feinstein at this year’s Grand Hotel Labor Day Jazz Festival, where he will play Friday evening in the Theatre.
Every evening in the Cupola Bar you can also enjoy the bass sounds of Paul Keller. Paul is a string bassist from Metro Detroit. Today, Paul is one of the busiest bassists in the Detroit area. He has earned the nick-name “The House Bass Player For The State Of Michigan” as each year, he logs many miles traveling across the state to perform at various music venues. Mr. Keller is an integral part of Labor Day Jazz Weekend every year.
Have you been to a past Labor Day Jazz Weekend? Listen to Q&A podcasts of past performers by Paul Anthony below!
Weekend sponsored by:
- Full breakfast and five-course dinner daily
- Friday evening Welcome Reception
- Friday evening performance by Michael Feinstein
- Saturday morning Q&A session with Michael Feinstein hosted by Paul Anthony
- Saturday afternoon Tea Garden performance
- Saturday evening cocktail reception
- Saturday evening performance
- Sunday morning gospel performance
- Sunday morning Q&A session hosted by Paul Anthony
- Sunday morning Gospel Performance
- Sunday afternoon Tea Garden performance
- All entertainment – including late night performances
- Cookout luncheon in Tea Garden Saturday and Sunday afternoons
- Free admission to the Richard and Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum
- Special discount on ferry boat tickets
- No tipping within Grand Hotel
***Stay a 4th night FREE on Thursday, September 1, or Monday, September 5, 2016***
Subject to Michigan 6% sales tax, 2% Mackinac Island assessment and a $8.00 per person baggage handling charge. Regular additional adult and children’s rates apply. *Dates subject to availability.