130th Anniversary Celebration
Arrive: Friday, June 30, 2017
Depart: Sunday, July 2, 2017
Package Price:Standard Room:
$1,300 per couple, $1,200 single
$1,725 per couple, $1,625 single
Join us for a very special celebration as we celebrate Grand Hotel’s 130th Anniversary. Grand Hotel opened it’s doors on July, 10, 1887. In 1933 W. Stewart Woodfill, the Uncle of R.D. Musser, Jr purchased the hotel with sole ownership. Then in 1979 after working for his uncle since 1951, R.D. Musser, Jr. purchased the hotel, and in 1989 R.D. Musser, Jr’s son, Dan Musser, III became President and is currently the third generation family member to own and operate Grand Hotel. During this weekend you will enjoy a special history presentation by Bob Tagatz, Grand Hotel Historian and Concierge followed by a question and answer session with Dan Musser, III to find out more about the family’s history over the last 130 years. Both Friday and Saturday you will enjoy cocktail receptions followed by a five-course dinner in the Main Dining Room and then a musical performance on Saturday evening at the Jockey Club by Dave Bennett.
Every guest who stays for this package will receive a complimentary copy of Inside Grand Hotel produced by Detroit Public Television – hour-long documentary that goes behind the scenes of some of the hotel’s most iconic spaces while telling the stories of the owners, caretakers and employees who have kept the hotel a Michigan landmark for 130 years.
We are looking forward to this special Anniversary Celebration and hope you will be our guest.
- Full breakfast and five-course dinner daily
- Friday evening reception
- Saturday morning history lecture and question and answer session with Dan Musser, III
- Saturday evening reception
- Saturday evening music late night performance at the Jockey Club by Dave Bennett
- Complimentary DVD of Inside Grand Hotel produced by Detroit Public Television
- Free admission to the Richard and Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum
- Special discount on ferry boat tickets
- No tipping within Grand Hotel
Subject to Michigan 6% sales tax, 2% Mackinac Island assessment and a $8.50 per person baggage handling charge. *Dates subject to availability. Additional adult and children’s rates apply.